“Digital Entre-preneurship” (MBA)
Studying in an MBA program at BUDS means studying with maximum flexibility.
- Compact attendance times plus blended learning make the program interesting even for students who do not live in Berlin.
- The central qualification goals are designed in such a way that they can always be achieved through the compulsory modules already defined by name plus optional compulsory modules – regardless of their freely chosen composition.
- The course of studies concludes as “Master of Business Administration” (MBA) with a focus on “Digital Entrepreneurship”.
The MBA “Digital Entrepreneurship”, developed from the interdisciplinary focuses of the BUDS, combines technical and innovative work with entrepreneurial thinking and acting.
Our students acquire the know-how to successfully and innovatively assert themselves as responsible entrepreneurs and managers in their respective industries and to implement their own creative ideas entrepreneurially.
MBA "Digital Entre-preneurship" – The Key Data
- 90 CP
- Part-time study (4 semesters), Full Time (3 semesters)
- Standard module size 6 CP
- Thesis 18 CP
- Flexible learning program
- Especially project work, group work and case studies
Central qualification goals
- ZQ 1: Being able to transfer central management functions to digital business processes
- ZQ 2: Being able to analyze and evaluate changes and trends in at least one digital business field
- ZQ 3: Being able to design transformation processes in several digital business areas
- ZQ 4: Designing measures for digital transformation and being able to assess their chances and risks of implementation using scientific methods
- ZQ 5: Being able to research
The main focus
The increasingly comprehensive use of digital technologies in processes, products and services is calling old business models into question. New, disruptive business models offer both opportunities and risks.
What are the promising basic patterns of innovative business models that exploit the potential of digital technologies? What are the challenges and potential of disruptive business models for established companies?
Digital technologies enable large and small companies to reinvent themselves. However, change poses many challenges.
Selected research questions in the research focus Digital Entrepreneurship are:
- Which business model innovations are made possible by enabling/disruptive techno-logies in different industries?
- What is the role of IT start-ups in digital transformation?
- How do digital technologies change internal and cross-company innovation proces-ses?
- How does ‘Industry 4.0’ change the founding process?
(a) 9 defined teaching modules
- Digital Economy – Basics (6 CP)
- Digital Ethics – Basics (6 CP)
- Digital Finance – Basics (6 CP)
- Digital Business Workshop (6 CP)
- Information Management (6 CP)
- Digital Law and Policy (6 CP)
- Digital Leadership and Digital Work (6 CP)
- Digital Competence Workshop (6 CP)
- Transformation Processes and Digital Change (6 CP)
(b) Specialisation (choose one)
- Digital Leadership Management (18 CP)
- Global Strategic Communication Management (18 CP)
- Digital Transformation Management (18 CP)
(c) Master Thesis & Colloquium
Master Thesis (18 CP)
Don’t judge upon what we say.
Judge upon what we do.